About Your Teacher
Planning Art Courses
- A lesson is researched and conceived that will teach specific concepts invite critical and creative thinking, and encourage skill building and divergence in student work.
- Small bits of historical and technical information are introduced.
- Students are encouraged to experiment and take risks through hands-on practice in labs both inside and outside classroom
- The teacher and other students, on an individual basis, provide assistance to each other.
- Students and teacher assess the work in friendly group critiques.
- Artist statements are written and published.
- Art Works celebrated through exhibits in school and off campus in the community.
- Students are invited to conduct student-led workshops for parents, faculty and staff, and other students during Youth Art Month in March.
- Students are encouraged to enter contests!